Sunday, June 28, 2015

Just My Buddy and I...Partner Scripts for Reading Fun


Hello readers!  I hope this finds you relaxing and enjoying your summer vacation (or at least relaxing if you're a reader who is still in school).  I'm curious about something.  Do your students prefer working on their own, with a partner, or in groups? From my experience, kids love working with a friend. They want to be social and talk, so keeping that in mind, along with my students' need for fluency work, as well as the Daily Five routine, I developed my partner script line.

The partner scripts I have developed have seasonal themes as well as science/social studies themes. My position as the reading intervention provider for the upper grades meant that I needed to address my students' reading needs as well as their need for additional opportunities with the content area curriculum.  The scripts are written on a third grade level and include a before, during, and after approach. I emphasize the importance of finding text evidence with questioning and writing in response to the reading, so they would work well as extension for advanced second graders. This bundle includes thirteen sets.  

Partner Script and Comprehension Activity Bundle

Because I enjoyed using these so much this year with my students, I decided to make one to use with the child I'm tutoring this summer. He is reading on a primer level currently, so I very carefully put this one together with the idea that the teacher would pair a stronger reader with the struggling reader.  I think it'd work well for partner work while the classroom teacher is seeing guided reading groups. If you download the script, I would love your comments and feedback to help me improve them as I create others.


I plan to create more like this one this summer, so if you like it, you can follow my blog on Bloglovin to learn more. 

Have a great week, readers, and come back each Sunday for a sample of something new. Until next time, happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment