Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Felt Board App

Hi everyone! It's Bex here from Reading and Writing Redhead and I have an A+ App for you! Hopefully I will be sharing more A+ apps but this is a good place to start!


The app I found is called Felt Board. It's simple and fun but you can do a lot with it. It is just like it sounds - a digital app version of the old fashioned students. I used it with my second graders but the app is approved for ages 4+ and I think a 4 year old, kindergartener and first grader could all use it and have fun.

 

Basically,  to use Felt Board, you pick a background and then there are various menus to choose from with additional items to use. You can make people, add animals, buildings, flowers, trees and more. I'd recommend if you're giving your students a task on Felt Board to first give them at least a few minutes to play around and just explore. What I like about it is it is a fun way to make images, save to the camera roll, and then you can use them in other apps like Stitch Fix or to make video, such as a video for a math number story. There are probably 100 or more ways you can use it beyond just for fun. It's affordable too- only $2.99 at the app store. Or your school might buy it if you request it or perhaps they already have! My school had bought it and I stumbled across it! 

Here's a fun image I made for a friend who likes dog!


Have you used Felt Board? How do you incorporate it in your academics? What's your favorite app to use? Let us know by commenting below.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Bex! What a cute app! I bet your kiddos loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bex! What a cute app! I bet your kiddos loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A lot of teachers at my school (k-2) tried it and all the kids had fun!
      Bex

      Delete
  3. What a great app! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete