Sunday, April 12, 2015

Math Fact Fluency

Hi, to all you wonderful teachers!  This is Peggy Means from Primary Flourish and I am thrilled to be a part of this wonderful collaborative blogging community!

Just a little about me ... I loved teaching in the classroom for 40 years and now I am enjoying the retirement season!  While in the classroom, I was constantly creating resources for my students and loving it!  Now I have eve more time to create resources to share with teachers and their students.  I am so thankful for TpT and the great community of teachers that I now collaborate with.  I would probably be in withdrawal if I weren't involved with education in some way.  :)
I started in second grade and I finished in second grade!
I love second grade!

This is Sample Sunday and I have a sample of my Super Hero Mental Math Games to share with you.  Zoom!
Your students will enjoy playing this engaging Super Hero addition game with their friends and increase their math fact fluency in the process!!  
(Notice that I have included a little min-poster of the mental math strategy for the students to refer to as they play.)

Don't you just love learning games?!  They provide a fun, non-threatening opportunity for students to get the needed practice they need to increase their math fact fluency.
They will be engaged and having fun - and no papers to grade!
Sound like a WIN WIN!

If you would like this game for your students, click here or on the image below to download it.
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-M31X5z4wJ1aWh4RmdOS0MxdkU/view?usp=sharing
I have also included a black and white version of the game for you.

If you would like the complete set of 11 games, 
click here or on the picture below to find it in my TpT store.
Happy Teaching!

9 comments:

  1. Love this! Addition strategies are one of the first things we work on at the beginning of second grade. Your pack went right on my wish list to get ready for next year. I like the way you included the poster! Great freebie! - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! So delighted that you are able to use this!

      Delete
  2. Love it; perfect for second grade! I, too, taught second grade my entire teaching career. And, yes, second grade is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are a second grade master! Love the teachers too!

      Delete
  3. What a great product! Thanks for sharing. I especially loved getting to know a little more about you. The 1st year & last year teaching photos are fabulous - you're GORGEOUS in both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! You are so kind! Glad you could use the math fluency game! Happy Teaching!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful post! Games are great motivators for sure. I will certainly pin this post in case I end up tutoring math this summer. Games are perfect for a quick, motivating practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Cannot wait to use this! 2nd graders love to play so this will be perfect to keep their attention!!

    ReplyDelete