Sunday, October 4, 2015

Be Creative and Inspired - Meet The Creative Classroom

My name is Ashlyn Ellsworth and I'm the creative teacher behind the blog and TPT store, The Creative Classroom. I'm so excited to be one of the newest members of I Teach Second! Many of my favorite teacher bloggers are part of this blog and I can't wait to collaborate alongside each of them!

The Creative Classroom was first created because I was a first grade teacher in a low performing and struggling charter school in rural Colorado. The school didn't have money to put into the classrooms, so I began designing and creating things to make my classroom fun, inviting and engaging for my students. Soon my creative classroom was my favorite place to be. It was the place where I worked countless hours on products and ideas for my own class. After being encouraged by a coworker to check out TPT in 2012, I began a store and blog and started out slowly getting my feet wet in such an amazing world! My little TPT store wasn't famous or making the big bucks but it was my happy place. It was a place where I could share my creative classroom ideas. After a few years, I started seeing what was popular and well liked by other teachers around the world and I decided that The Creative Classroom was not only my happy place but also a happy place for other teachers! I love seeing my products and ideas used in other classrooms. I love the positive feedback given each and every day. It helps give me confidence in the products I create and the ideas I share.

Now 3 years later, I teach 2nd grade in Arizona! My husband and I moved back to our home where our families and friends are close by. We love Arizona and the sunshine! My favorite parts of Arizona include the sunsets, winters, citrus trees, and odd shaped saguaro cacti (still not confident on this word). I no longer worry about my struggling charter school because I'm in a high performing and successful public school that I love dearly! My students and parents are encouraging and supportive and I couldn't ask for a better place to be!

Teaching is my cherished talent. I love what I do. I love what I create. and I love who I teach!

 My TPT Store

 My TPT Products

 My Teaching Blog




No comments:

Post a Comment