Thursday, June 18, 2015

Highlight Your Name!

Hi there!  I am Alisha Satterwhite from Busy Me Plus Three.  I hope your summer is off to a fabulous start!  I know mine is!  We are headed to Disneyland...our first big trip with our family!  We are all very excited!   
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/HIGHLIGHT-Your-Name-Before-You-Turn-in-Your-Paper-Classroom-Management-Tool-1888067
Click the picture above to download your free sign!
As I think back on the year, one thing stands out to me as one of the best tips I used this year.  This was my highlighter cup and sign.  I do NOT claim this as my own, as I stole it from another teacher on my team!  It has saved me so much time and energy for sure.  No more nameless papers to sort through or calling out kid's names to see who didn't turn in their paper!  




 All the kids do is grab a highlighter, highlight their name, and turn in their paper.  Easy as pie!  It is a simple procedure that is taught at the beginning of the year.  The kids love it because they get to use a highlighter and it takes almost no time at all.  I allow the students to either highlight their name at their desk or do it at the back table beside my turn in box.  Either way works.  I have about half and half, which cuts down on the traffic at the back table.  I have also found that it is helpful to only have yellow highlighters in the tub so that kids don't fight over the colors.  If they have a different color highlighter at their desk, they are welcome to use it!

Click the frame above to download an editable frame set!
 
I hope this tip helps you as you begin to think about next school year!  Have a great summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment